Homeowners who live in areas with high winds have to take their roofing material of choice into careful consideration. During storms, your roof bears the brunt of powerful wind, rain, and hail—and can either protect or cause damage to your home.
Denver homeowners are no stranger to the wind. In fact, the Denver area is subject to extremely high winds, called Chinook winds, in the winter. These winds occur when cold air descends from over the Colorado mountains, and as it warms and settles, it will gust up to 100 mph in the city.
Fortunately, we have the perfect solution for homeowners who are worried about the safety of their roofing system. But first, let’s take a look at what makes your roof prone to wind damage—and how to spot damage that has already occurred.
Signs of Wind Damage to Your Roof
Wondering if your roof has already suffered wind damage? Here are a few of the most common signs:
- Damage from a fallen tree limb
- Missing shingles
- Broken, buckling, or curling shingles
- Destroyed flashing
- Scratches on your roof
- Damaged ridge or soffit vents
- Branches, leaves, and other debris in your gutters
- Sunlight or water damage in your attic
How to Choose the Best Wind-Resistant Roofing
When choosing a wind-resistant roofing material for your Denver home, you have many options to consider. Ensure the roofing you choose has these three classifications:
- Class F— Shingles rated as Class F pass the ASTM D3161 test and can withstand fan-induced wind speeds up to 110 mph.
- Class H— Shingles rated as Class H pass the ASTM D7158 test and can resist uplifting at wind speeds up to 150 mph.
- Class 4—Shingles rated as Class 4 pass the UL 2218 test and have the highest impact-resistance rating for roofing.
Typically, the most popular wind-resistant roofing materials are fiberglass shingles, metal roofing, and clay tiles. However, fiberglass shingles don’t perform well in cold climates, metal roofing tends to dent, and clay tiles are heavy and fragile.
That’s why we recommend F-Wave’s REVIA synthetic shingles as the superior option for wind-resistant roofing in Denver, Colorado!
Wind-Resistant Synthetic Roof Shingles You Can Count On
F-Wave’s synthetic shingles have Class F, Class H, and Class 4 ratings for ultimate wind resistance, impact resistance, and tear strength to protect your home during inclement weather.
F-Wave shingles also include these other notable features:
- Engineered materials for maximum durability
- Lightweight and easy to install
- An authentic appearance that mimics cedar shake, slate, and asphalt
- Class A fire rating and UV resistance
- 5-year hail warranty and 130 mph wind warranty
Plus, F-Wave synthetic shingles come in four attractive options to customize your home’s appearance—Designer Slate: American Blend, Designer Slate: Estate Series Shingle, Hand-Split Shake Shingles, and Vermont Natural Slate Shingles.
For more reasons why F-Wave shingles are the best for Denver homes, check out these benefits.
Rely on Refined Exteriors to Transform Your Home with Wind-Resistant Synthetic Shingles
If your roof has already suffered wind damage, or you’re looking to protect it from Denver’s strong winds in the future, consider synthetic roofing installation to protect your home.
Our team at Refined Exteriors has homeowners throughout the Denver area replace their outdated or damaged roofing with durable, attractive synthetic shingles that stand up to the area’s harsh winds. We offer skilled workmanship and top-notch products to ensure your roof lasts for years to come.
Discover more benefits of installing F-Wave’s REVIA synthetic roofing on your Denver home with our professional, dedicated team.